Agrati Inc, a word leader in fasteners and component solutions, is seeking a highly technical and driven Engineering Group Manager. Reporting directly to the Deputy COO, the Engineering Group Manager is a key role within the organization. The position will direct the overall management and leadership of the Engineering organization, implementation and enforcement of sound engineering practices across all locations, and direction of the engineering team.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Plan, develop, coordinate and maintain the most effective and efficient procedures for optimum engineering practices.
- Provide liaison between Customer, Sales, Engineering department and plant personnel in all aspects of design, tooling qualifications and production capability.
- Determine necessary inspection plans and test instructions to conform to customer engineering requirements. Monitor effectiveness to meet the acceptable standards established by customer design, specification, and/or contract.
- Assure engineering and design personnel are capable of specification interpretation for the acceptance or rejection of any process. Assure adequate training to enable all engineering personnel to properly perform their assigned tasks.
- Audit maintenance of current and adequate engineering and design records.
- Assist QA or production by providing investigation of product discrepancy to determine origin and corrective action. Provide liaison in customer engineering inquiries and a focal point for evaluation and resolution of design, reliability, and related problems.
- Collect and reports Engineering costs, data and trends to management on a regular basis.
- Create a quality conscious attitude on the part of all employees to facilitate complete compliance to approved engineering doctrines and aid in quality oriented, employee training to ensure success of the entire quality program.
- Manage and supervise between 5-8 employees in the Engineering Department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this team. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Supports all EH&S activities including ISO programs and procedures
Education: Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field
Experience & Background
- Minimum five years engineering related experience in a fastener (cold forming/heading) environment.
- Five years experience with ISO/IATF systems and part/tool design.
- Proficiency with Windows applications and database management systems required.
- Demonstrated results using business management skills and excellent organization and planning skills.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to employee involvement, participative management, and continuous improvement.
If you are interested, please send your resume to Kymberlee Gibson at Kymberlee.firstname.lastname@example.org
Agrati Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.