The special fluorinated-polymer coating.
Coating general description
It’s a special fluorinated-polymer coating.
It’s black coloured due to the presence of graphite inside the formulation.
It may be used as a replacement of plugs, caps, and plastic protections utilized to avoid the contamination of threads by welding and cataphoresis coatings.
- Integrated lubrification
- Dry to touch
- Barrier coating on fasteners which are to be processed through electrodeposition primers and welding operations.
- Prevents weld sputter sticking to the treated area, leaves the treated surfaces untouched by the primers.
- Controlled coefficient of frictio: μth = 0.12 – 0.18 (according to ISO16047)
- No detachment when subjected to blowing for 5 seconds with compressed air at a pressure of 3-4 bar (>45 psi) from a distance of approximately 30 mm.
- on internal or external threaded parts to avoid the contamination caused by weld sputter and accumulation of paint.
- on Zn / ZnNi plated and passivated parts
Application process and environmental safety
Applied by spray method; it is Cr(VI) and heavy metal free.
- During the process the parts are subjected to a maximum temperature of 250°C for the polymerization (the corrosion resistance will be reduced).
- In case of uncoated parts it could be necessary to reach a temperature of 300-400°C for the pre-treatment cleaning and the surface should also be pretreated by μ-sandblasting with corundum.
- In parts with complex geometry thickness variations can occur.