Agrati Inc. (USA) is seeking a highly motivated and proactive IT Manager.
The IT Manager is a key role within the organization who is responsible for managing servers and user desktops, planning system growth and upgrades, anticipating and preventing information system related problems and ensuring the continued operation of all server-based systems for our Agrati- Medina & Agrati- Tiffin locations.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Manage the information systems local- and wide-area networks and a wide range of software. Update networks and maintain them in excellent operating condition to support high levels of system up time.
- Establish and maintain reliable and efficient interfaces between networks and the data center to ensure that users have ready access to all data required to support operational and business requirements.
- Provide 7 x 24-hour network, desktop and software support to personnel on an emergency call basis and during main hours of operation at each facility. Ensure that the networks are highly functional, reliable, and are fully capable of supporting customer requirements. Constantly monitor system performance to proactively identify and correct potential problems and to enhance system performance.
- Assist user community in identification of future information system requirements, analyze current system configuration, and develop recommendations that will achieve desired configuration.
- Manage service technicians and consultants as required to facilitate maintenance of the division’s PC fleet and the network. Develop and manage contracts with vendors for software, hardware, service support and other technical products and services, ensuring that system effectiveness is maintained and improved while securing greatest value for information system expenditures.
- Maintain and publish an active projects log and the documentation of system status, computers, and network software and hardware. Perform routine maintenance/backups on network servers and software.
- Provide consultative services to the user community on all matters relating to technology. Analyzes user needs and problems and develops effective solutions. Maintains an in-depth, current knowledge of software and hardware to support users. Troubleshoots and corrects network problems.
- Maintain and protect confidential data residing on the system to prevent unauthorized personnel from accessing such information on the network. Ensures that all confidential business and personal data on the system are protected from access by anyone who does not have an absolute need to know.
- Provides training to users on new or modified software and hardware to ensure that required knowledge is effectively imparted to support effective and efficient use of new products by users. Develops outsourcing arrangements for training that cannot be provided with in-house resources.
- Preserve the plant’s legal status on software licensing and usage. Manages the plant’s hardware and software databases to maintain legal compliance and to accurately account for IS assets.
- Support the requirement for Internet and e-mail usage while preventing unauthorized usage of these systems. Monitors Internet access and e-mail usage to determine compliance with Corporate policy.
- Maintains full compliance with Company policies and procedures and conducts all activities in accordance with Company Standards of Business Conduct.
- Participates in or manages other IS projects as required.
Education: requires a bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or a related field (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
Experience & Background
1. Five to seven years of experience managing information systems in both data center and PC-based environments supporting sophisticated automated systems, coupled with NT administration experience, exchange administration experience, network administration experience and server backup administration experience.
2. Attainment of appropriate technical certifications is highly desirable, such as Microsoft Certification (MCSE).
3. Able to work independently and proactively to achieve established objectives with minimal supervision.
4. Solid diagnostic, analytical and problem-solving skills to evaluate technical and operational systems issues and to rapidly develop effective solutions.
5. Excellent planning, organizational, and implementation skills to effectively support Division information systems requirements with assigned resources.
6. Proven interpersonal and leadership abilities to proactively lead a small team of Information Systems personnel and to interact effectively with individuals and groups both internal and external to the company.
7. Demonstrated commitment to employee involvement, participative management, and continuous improvement.
Agrati Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.